Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shits and shits

The sketchbook is full of unfinished doodles at the moment (now by 'full', I mean two pages), so time for some rambling.

Well here's something I did for the 2011 Semi-permanent book, and I'm 75% sure it got in (I got an email back = official?). I really regret submitting it though. Out of my own stubbornness I was determine to create something new for this project. But falling back on old habits, I left it to the day before the deadline to start working on my submission. Yep, what you see below is the product of a >24 hour scramble. Cool bro. Although, I'm not entirely ashamed of the piece, I mean the concept is kinda really dumb but that's what I going for I guess... Its just really rough/rushed and needed more time polishing those edges... next time though, fo shoo.


Also here are some photos I dug up from my phone of the amazing encounter I had last year with Mr. Turtle. It just ordinary week day, walking through the park to the Maddington traino,  when I saw him just sitting there, I thought he may have been hurt or maybe even dead. After having a minor breakdown on whether poking him would be a legitimate way of checking if he was ok, I realised that despite the wellbeing of the turtle, that this was definitely an occasion to be taking photos. How many times can you say you ran into a turtle on the way to school (without that anecdote involving a car)? Just once for me. And that was enough to want to lock this guy's mug in amongst the dodgey drunk photography of my phone's photo library.
But it seems as I was snapping away with my camera phone, the flash must have pissed him off and ran as fast as turtle could, which is surprising faster than one would imagine ( I've witnessed it with my own eyes now, I know the speed in which turtles travel.)  He was ok. The RSPCA could rest at ease. Crisis averted.

~Le Photographe~





2 comments:

  1. jealous of your turtle encounter annnd that picture for semi permanent is pretty rad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gav. That Chewbacca piece is on son! So sick. Fire! Heat! Hype!
    Really rad.

    ReplyDelete