Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Head on strait

I think I'm getting into a rut. I keep leaving too many unfinished sketches in my sketchbook. I give up on them cause they're not looking the way I want them to. Generally when I feel this way, I just spend more time on it and I surprise myself; with the drawing evolving into what I see in my head. But this isn't happening anymore and it's making me feel quite discouraged to draw. Maybe I'm just getting distracted to easily. Or maybe its because I'm forcing myself too draw when I don't want.

I should draw other things.

/vent.






2 comments:

  1. Sup Gavo

    Yeah I know what you mean, I tend to loose patience a lot with my drawings but as you said I find if I don't give up on them things start to evolve. What I really enjoy if I continue with it is when it begins to become something I could never have pre planned in my head. I guess even if they turn out shit I've learnt something from them.

    You may have already come across these two artists but they offer great motivational advice when your feeling shit about your art. They're also freaking amazing artists too!

    George Pratt
    http://web.mac.com/georgepratt/George_Pratt_Artblog/Artblog/Artblog.html

    Sterling Hundley
    http://advice.sterlinghundley.com/

    Anyways keep it up :D
    Your semi perm picture was cool and I like your hand drawings too

    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks mel

    the sterling hundley blog is pretty in'eresting stuff.

    ReplyDelete