Thursday, June 2, 2011

EW POAST.

So what's been happening.
(Other than salving to the wage)
most recent to old

I received a pen I bought on the interweb a couple days ago. Rad to the Maximum. It's a Pentel Brush Pen and a new weapon of choice. The flow and line thickness is great and it doesn't even bleed into the page below. It works well in calligraphy too (as it was probably primarily designed for).
Some shit test drawings below.








The annoying  Perth Illustrators group on phasebook that hammers my notification box relentlessly, happen to do these weekly challenges, which I sorta dig. The first week's theme was Parrot and while most people drew from an image they found on google image search, I drew this:
(Yeah, I'm a mad dog. Ha.)

It's pretty unfinished. I still wanna take into photoshop to redo the linework and splash some colour onto it. Haven't really had the time though. Bummer.

The theme for the following week's challenge was Power. It was a kinda gay theme, but I came up with this:





Again this is pretty unfinished too. Hmmpf. It's 90's Pop Cult Nostaglia Power, featuring a giant Powerglove, Ganondorf (carrier of the power triforce duhh), He-Man ("I HAVE THE POOOWER") and the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.



Also I've been doing some work for 1Up Microcinema on William street in Perth. 1Up is kinda a hybrid of things; it's a fashion boutique, cafe, confectionary shop, small run cinema and possibly a bar. Matt the owner asked me to do a couple of posters for him, one for promoting the cinema and another promoting the coffee he's pushing. 1Up sorta has this retro video game theme running throughout the store, so I thought I'd follow suit with the aesthetic. The posters are back-to-back on a A-frame sign outside the shop on William street (Should have took a photo. Dang). The idea was that when to walk into the city in the morning on William, you see the coffee poster, and when you come back in the evening after a hard day of doing whatever, you see the cinema poster. Let's cross our fingers and hope it works out EXACTLY like that. There are also smaller posters gonna be distributed around the Tafe area for maximum effect. Keep your third eye out for that.









And also also, I've got group exhibition coming up late this month. Probably got about a week to finish off my pieces. Struggle on. That's how this kid rolls.

Peace hombres

No comments:

Post a Comment